Text of Ad
HESS Education is the leader in English-language education in Taiwan. We have 200 schools throughout Taiwan, as well as decades of experience helping passionate people experience the joys of teaching and living in Taiwan, whether it be for a year or longer!
You will deliver English classes to students aged 12 and younger. You will prepare lessons using our curriculum, grade homework and tests, and work with colleagues from around the world to ensure the success of your students. Our comprehensive curriculum is highly-structured and full of student-centered activities and games that emphasize fun and learning.
Our schools are located in cities big and small, including Changhua, Hsinchu, Keelung, Luodong, Nantou, New Taipei City, Taichung, Tainan, Taipei, Taoyuan, Yilan, and Zhubei.
Compensation and Benefits
• Earn competitive pay, starting at up to 700 NTD per teaching hour, with annual raise evaluations, plus an additional 3,000 NTD per month for administrative work
• You are guaranteed a minimum of 20 teaching hours per week (many teachers across our schools average 25-26 teaching hours per week)
• Earn bonuses for completing contracts, renewing your first contract, and student retention
• You will be eligible for high-quality, low-cost healthcare through Taiwan’s National Health Insurance program
• You will receive immigration and onboarding assistance to help you complete all the documents necessary to legally live and work in Taiwan
• You will also receive comprehensive teacher training throughout your first year to build your skills and confidence in the classroom
• Are you interested in growth and development opportunities in and out of the classroom? You could become a head teacher or lend your skills to our curriculum development, recruitment, or training teams.
Qualifications and Requirements
• Must hold a passport from a country where English is an official language (Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, etc.)
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree (all majors welcome). Prior teaching experience, a TEFL certificate, and/or teaching license are not required.
• Must be willing and able commit to at least one year of full-time work
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check
We are actively hiring positions starting in Spring/Summer 2024!
To get started, please email your resume and a short cover letter discussing your qualifications and interest teaching English in Taiwan to overseas recruitment manager Chason Dailey at [email protected].