Text of Ad
We are looking for English teachers who share our passion for teaching, learning, and discovery: a teacher who understands what it means to provide excellent instruction to students and support to their fellow teachers, but also that teaching is one of the few professions where having fun makes you even better at your job. Are you ready to begin your Taiwan teaching adventure? HESS is waiting for you!
Teaching at HESS
• Positions available: Native Speaking Teacher (NST)
• Locations: All over Taiwan, including Changhua, Hsinchu, Hualien, Keelung, Lukang, Luodong, Nantou, New Taipei City, Taichung, Tainan, Taipei, Taoyuan, Yilan, and Zhubei!
• Our students: Preschool and elementary students, typically 12 years old and younger
• Our curriculum: Structured and supportive of both teachers and students; full of fun, games, and student-centered activities.
Compensation and Benefits
• Competitive Pay: up to 700 NTD per teaching hour to start with annual raise evaluations
• Guaranteed minimum of 20 teaching hours per week
• Teaching Preparation and Grading Stipend: 3,000 NTD per month
• Contract Completion Bonuses, plus a 10,000 NTD first contract renewal bonus
• Immigration and onboarding assistance to secure legal work authorization and residency
• Enrollment in Taiwan’s National Health Insurance
• Teacher Training at our Main Office in Taipei, with follow-up trainings throughout your first year. Learn about our curriculum, educational psychology, and ESL best practices.
• Growth Opportunities: Lend your skills to our curriculum development, recruitment, or training teams. Become the head teacher of a school. Opportunities abound to grow your career, both inside and outside the classroom.
What We Are Looking For
• Must hold a passport from a country where English is an official language
• Must hold a bachelor’s degree (all majors welcome; teaching experience, TEFL certificate, and/or a teaching license are a plus, but not required). Applicants may also hold an associate’s degree AND a TEFL certificate.
• Must be willing and able to sign at least one 12-month contract
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check