Text of Ad
VIS@Better World Lab is at the forefront of education in Taiwan, distinguished as the pioneer in providing a comprehensive Project-Based Learning (PBL) curriculum alongside conventional subjects like Mathematics, English, and various electives. Our unique approach fosters holistic development and critical thinking skills among students. As a full-time Mathematics teacher at VIS, you will be actively engaged in both conventional subject teaching and cross-curricular PBL activities. Our student-focused environment ensures a maximum teacher-student ratio of 1:12 in classes or projects. Comprehensive training is provided for seamless integration into our innovative teaching methodology.
VIS@betterworld lab Junior High Section & Senior High are hiring for the following positions.
1. Full-time English Teacher (Major in English or Communication or Literature)
2. Full-time Mathematics (Major in Mathematics)
3. Full-time Science Teacher (Major in Science, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science)
• Teaching in Taipei at VIS Junior High Section
• possess a recognized degree and relevant professional teaching qualifications (Postgraduate Diploma of Education or equivalent)
• Have written any public examinations (GCE-AL or IBDP or AP or HKEAA-AL) and been awarded a decent grade (GCE-AL: A or above; IBDP: 6 or above; AP: 4 or above; HKEAA-AL: C or above; HKDSE: 5** or above).
• have sound subject knowledge and teaching skills, especially in algebra, functions and calculus for Math teaching position.
Additional descriptions for the positions above:
• Candidates with experience and/or a good understanding of project-based learning will be first considered.
• Candidates with relevant teaching experience in an EMI (English Medium of Instruction) setting in Taiwan or Hong Kong are an advantage.
• Candidates should demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Candidates must show a strong commitment to teachers’ duties.
Responsibilities: We are seeking an experienced Mathematics teacher to inspire and educate our students. The ideal candidate will possess:
• A degree and/or certification in Mathematics or a Math-adjacent subject (Accounting, Finance, Business)
• Demonstrable classroom experience, with expertise in teaching an assigned Math level, such as Algebra 1, Geometry, Functions, or Advanced Functions
• Willingness to engage in cross-curricular PBL (subject to candidate experience and capability)
Perks and Benefits: VIS values its educators and offers competitive perks and benefits to our full-time staff, including:
• Will be offered a competitive salary and other benefits such as labor insurance, pension (only for candidates with Taiwanese ID or APRC), and healthcare
• One-year contract with pay for the following July's summer vacation, irrespective of further commitment
• Paid holidays, Christmas, Lunar New Year, and a one-month re-sign bonus
• School-subsidized training and professional development opportunities
• Daily free lunch and a weekly snack budget to ensure a comfortable work environment
Application Process: To apply for this exciting and innovative opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume (full personal particulars, including educational background and working experience) to us
We welcome dedicated individuals who are passionate about transforming education and shaping young minds. Join VIS in our mission to provide an exceptional learning experience to students in Taiwan.
Senior High Section via email @ [email protected]
Junior High Section via email @ [email protected]
****All personal information is collected for recruitment only.***