Text of Ad
Established in 2010, Yoder Bilingual Academy is a fast-growing private elementary and junior high school in Zhongli District, Taoyuan City. As an elite private bilingual school in the region, our International Department currently has 20 qualified faculty members from Canada, Spain, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America. For the upcoming school year, we are looking for a few native English-speaking teachers to join our team.
The following positions are available in the 2020-2021 school year:
* Bilingual Program
– Elementary English & Science Teachers
* International Program
– Middle School - English Literature Teacher
– Academic Director
-- JOB SCOPES --
ACADEMIC DIRECTOR -
- Minimum 3 years of the administrative experience
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience in the US or international schools abroad.
- State-issued teaching credential from the US.
- Master's degrees or equivalent in related studies is required, Ph.D. is preferred.
- Works closely with the school management team.
- Full understanding of the US curriculum.
- Thorough knowledge of state standards and requirements for secondary school education.
- Experience in the supervision of faculty members, and design and development of a new curriculum.
- Cooperates closely with the school's management team.
- Acts as the liaison of foreign teachers.
- Leads the international accreditation application.
- High fluency in both Chinese and English preferred.
- Ability to assess data and use it to drive instruction.
BILINGUAL PROGRAM TEACHER(S)
- Teach subjects such as language arts and science classes.
- Help coordinate special events like Halloween Festival, the Christmas Show, International Day, Earth Month, and more.
- Work on a team with other experienced professionals to design, teach, and promote our curriculum.
Who Should Apply: Individuals with a certified teaching credential/license are welcome to send their CVs and resumes to us. Candidates with an APRC or Marriage ARC are also encouraged to apply, especially (though not limited to) those with advanced degrees. Some experience teaching is expected. Individuals must have a passport from a country where English is the native language. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, gender, or creed.
Work Hours: This is a full-time position (8am ~ 5pm, Monday to Friday). There are opportunities to teach after school classes for additional pay if you desire.
Contract Duration: 1 year (with the option to renew the contract).
Benefits: 12-month salary, medical insurance, a substantial end-of-contract performance bonus (equal to up to a month’s wage), compensated summer and winter vacations, personal leave and time off, the chance to design your own club and elective classes based on your interests or specialties, and more.
Prospective candidates may apply by sending their resume, a recent photo, and other supporting documents to [email protected]